- Don’t wear clothes the wrinkle
- Don’t wear clothes that shine
- Try to stay away from bold clothing
- Down play parts of your body that aren’t flattering
- Highlight your attributes
- Bring lots of clothing options
- Make sure you’re both on the same page. Meaning dress for the same occasion and complement each other.
Here are a couple images from an engagement session I shot last night at Trump National Beach in Palos Verdes. This happy couple is going to be getting married on a cruise ship later this year.
An engagement session is like a dress rehearsal. It gives you the oppertunity to work with your photographer before your wedding day. You get a chance to see how your photographer works and your photographer gets to see how you pose. I like to use these sessions to teach my clients posing tricks, that they would never learn otherwise. For an example people are always complaining to me about their arms. How can I pose so my arms look slender? I’ll work on that with you. I’ll also be able to tell you if you tilt your head too far up or down. (which is really common)
Engagement portraits are mainly used as displays for the wedding, but they can also be used for engagement announcements, save the date, invitations, thank you cards, news papers, gifts, Christmas cards, sign in books, emails, etc…